Update Schedule Text

Updates on Monday and Wednesday, with additional updates on an entirely irregular basis.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Tools: Online Note Taking

Back in Write. Everything. Down. I mentioned that I use an online note taker to hold all of my "boilerplate" responses, quick fixes, and the like. It's a good resource for complex command-line functions and code "band aids" as well.

Here's a few that I've found and tried out. I'm focusing on the free ones for now:

Evernote (evernote.com) - This is Lifehacker's favorite and I can see why. Cloud-based data storing certainly works for holding onto the bits of info you want to get to quickly. There are clients for just about every operating system and mobile device made in the last five years.

Yahoo! Notepad (notepad.mail.yahoo.com) - tied into your Yahoo.com account - web-based with more than a few Yahoo! Widgets (MacOS and Windows) to tie into the online app. This one is text only.

Google Documents (docs.google.com) - Full on, Word-Compatible docs, databases and darn near everything. Widgets, naturally, available.

Yep, just three. Why? Because I'm sure some of you out there have better ones, and if you do, drop a comment with them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment